Monday 5 November 2018

Monday, November 5th

This morning we talked about having peace in our fingers and how we can show peace at school and with our friends. We also sang some peace songs.


Weekly reminders:

Tuesday: Reading log, 3 books and ziploc bag
Thursday: Litterless lunch
Friday: Pizza Day for those who ordered pizza. We will be having a Remembrance Day celebration at 10:45. All students will be given sticker poppies to wear.

No library book exchange this week.

Please continue to send in healthy #1 snacks.

We play outside every day - even if it's a bit misty - please make sure your child is dressed for the weather. All clothing items should be labelled.

We are sending home new book orders. If you are interested in ordering books as Christmas presents, please let us know and we will keep them here for you to pick up. Book orders will be due November 15th. 

November 16th is a Professional Development Day.





















Morning comments:

I like building with the waffle blocks.
I like playing at the sand.
I like building with the playstix.
I like playing outside with my friends.
I like writing with Mme.
I like doing the Grade one challenge.
I like colouring a book.
I like making a poppy and a cross at the craft table.
I like making a barn with my friends.
I like making a tower and a truck with the playstix.
I like making my poppy.
I like making 3 poppies!


This afternoon, Miss Claudia showed us the glitter bug and we talked about germs and how to wash our hands. We then put our hands under the black light and could see if we washed our hands properly. This is something we borrowed from the Ottawa Health Unit. It came at the right time as many students are sneezing and coughing! We are also accepting tissue boxes donations. Thank you!

We have new playdough this week! Thank you!

We are making a magic potion!




glitter bug







No comments:

Post a Comment