Monday 28 September 2015

***Please note: Due to a rainy forecast for tomorrow, the Terry Fox Run has been moved to October 6th, with a rain date of October 8th.***

For Mystery Monday, we looked at some poppy seed pods from Mme Chantal's parents' garden. The students were very good at guessing that they were from flowers.  This lead to an early discussion about Remembrance Day and how poppies grew in fields after the war. Once again the students suggested that we should plant the seeds! We also talked about plants needing water, sun and soil. Now, we have not had much luck with any of our plantings so far so we have decided to only plant half of the poppy seeds and keep the other half to plant in the Spring, just in case...

We will be changing our Dramatic Play Area to a pumpkin patch this week. We had a brainstorming session to figure out what we would see in a pumpkin patch.  The students decided we needed to include a scarecrow, some pumpkins and gardening tools. We are looking for old Daddy/Grandpa/uncle clothes to dress our scarecrow. We will be making paper mache pumpkins so we would also appreciate old newspapers or flyers. Thank you so much!

Here are some new learning centers we explored today:



Here are our Pumpkin Patch signs - citrouilles a vendre!


Some of the students' comments from today's activities:

- I liked playing in the pumpkin patch.
- I liked making the turkey.
- I liked playing in the water center.
- I liked the playdough.
- I liked playing outside at recess.
- I liked making a pumpkin with the Lite-Brite.
- I liked playing with my friend outside.
- I'm excited about making a scarecrow in the classroom.
- I liked making the pumpkin patch.
- I liked playing in the gym.
- I liked looking at books, sitting on the couch!
- I liked playing with the trains.





1 comment:

  1. I like the cash register idea! Looks just like Proulx and Saunders. :)

    ReplyDelete