Thursday 27 July 2017

Gardens - les jardins

Good morning everyone,

It's so nice to read your comments on the blog. I hope you are all doing well. Today I want to talk to you about my garden and my Dad's garden. You can decide who has the <greener thumb>. :)

This year, I only planted green beans, tomatoes, lettuce and peas in my garden. I also have rhubarb and raspberries growing in my yard. The bean stalks are not very high, and there are certainly no castles or giants in them! The pea stalks are almost as tall as me! I have been eating lots of peas and beans. The tomato plants are not doing very well - I don't think I will be making salsa this year! I completely forgot to plant pumpkin seeds this spring. I just planted some last week. I don't know if they will grow. It might be too late in the season but it doesn't hurt to try, right?

My Dad's garden is huge and growing like crazy! He is almost 88 years old and he is an amazing gardener. He has one tomato plant that is taller than him!! You can see it in the picture - he had to put a post beside it so it wouldn't fall down.

Do you have a garden at your house? What are you growing?

This is only one little section of his garden!

Giant tomato plant - maybe there is a castle and a giant in this one!


My poor little tomato plants....
des tomates


bean stalks - can you see the green beans?
des feves vertes

peas - can you see the pea pods?
des pois



I need to show my dog Tesla how to weed the garden.


3 comments:

  1. Amazing! Sounds like you will be eating a lot of salads. :) looks like you are both very good gardeners.
    We only grow flowers 🌺 but a lot of different kinds.
    -Isla 🌈

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is very pretty and I saw one green tomato and one red tomato. I really like peas too. Telsa is very cute. I miss you. - Mila R 💐🌈

    ReplyDelete