Tuesday 29 March 2016

Dino tuesday

This morning we started exploring the world of dinosaurs. We transformed our dramatic play center into a paleontology site, matched dinosaurs with their skeletons, and sorted pompoms.  Today was also library day, we got new books and Ms. Rosemarie read us a nice story by Jan Brett.

I liked working on a 60 piece dinosaur puzzle.
I liked playing outside.
I liked playing in the kitchen.
I liked sorting the pom poms.
I liked reading books.
I like making a sand castle outside. (spring is coming!)
I liked playing in the paleontology site.
I liked the dino sensory bin.

This afternoon we journeyed to the Jurassic period with view masters and wrote about what we saw in our wonder journals, we used puzzles to spell dinosaur names and count how many dinosaurs were in the picture, we also used different shaped blocks to make pictures of different form of transportation.

I like playing in the dino sensory bin.
I like our guest teacher.
I like playing in the kitchen with my friends.
I like writing in my wonder journal.
I like playing outside..
I like playing with the Bristol blocks.


Hurray!  Our class will be receiving chicken eggs on April 11th! The students are very excited about our new visitors.  We will be exploring life cycles and learning all about chicks over the next 2 months.

3 comments: