Monday 14 January 2019

Monday, January 14th

Brr! It's another cold morning! We are checking the temperature every day. We are continuing to review our French Winter vocabulary and talking about the North Pole and the South Pole.

Reminders for the week:

Tuesday: Reading log and 3 little books
Scholastic orders due this Thursday.

Wednesday morning: dental screening

With all of the colds going around, we are once again running out of tissues. We will gladly accept tissue box donations. Thank you!















Morning comments:

I like playing at the kitchen with my friends.
I like doing the grade 1 work.
I like playing at the lego wall with my friends.
I like building with the big blocks.


This is what we learned about penguins today:

Penguins can dive.
Penguins can leap onto land from the water.
They produce a special oil to stay waterproof.
They slide on their bellies - this is called tobogganning.
They dive in the water to get food underwater.
Chicks use their beaks to get out of the shells.
They use their beaks to get fish.
They have feathers and fat to keep them warm.
The Mom and the Dad take turns getting food and watching the egg.
The closer you get to the North or South Pole, it gets colder. The closer you get to the equator, it gets warmer.
They eat squid and krill.


I like working in the kitchen and the library.
I like making a reindeer.
I like tidying up.
I like working at the Grade 1 table.
I like being almost as tall as the Emperor Penguin.
I like doing the Grade 1 challenge.
I like working with the magnets.
I like working at the art table, making a penguin.












No comments:

Post a Comment