Wednesday 11 November 2015

Remembrance Day

We celebrated Remembrance Day this morning with a beautiful ceremony in the Learning Commons. Thank you to the family members who attended.


When we returned to class, we worked on our fine motor skills and drew beautiful pictures of our own poppy wreaths.  We practiced real life dramatic play, being chefs, waiters and customers in our restaurant.  We worked on spelling hibernation words while we played in playdough.


Coloring our poppy wreaths.


Writing names and coloring pictures of hibernating animals.


Making pizza with playdough!


Building a hotel and a house connected to a diving board.


My poppy wreath!


Reading each other stories.


Reading with Miss Emma.  Get your glasses out!


Building gears together.


Serving some delicious pizza.


Mrs. Jessica can fix anything! even shoes!


Making spirograph pictures and writing!


Playing red light, green light together!

I liked playing with playdough and making pizza.
I liked drawing.
I liked drawing and writing hibernation words.
I liked the ceremony.
I liked building with the blocks.

This afternoon, we read Brown Bear, Brown Bear. We were very busy exploring centers all afternoon.


Too many chefs in the kitchen!

printing words

making animal puppets



teamwork

today's menu

Students' comments from today:
I liked doing the Frozen puzzle.
I liked playing outside.
I started making a Christmas list!
I liked making a gear robot with my friend.
I liked making animal puppets.
I liked making a picture.
I liked writing.
I liked writing words.
I liked eating!
I liked playing with a truck outside.
I liked the bus ride.

Tomorrow is our Reading Log day. Please return your child's reading log, little book and bag. Thank you!












No comments:

Post a Comment