Monday 9 November 2015

Sunny Monday

What a beautiful day in Kindergarten! The sun is shining in our classroom as the kids are exploring the centers. This morning, we took a closer look at pictures of squirrels eating, building a nest and taking care of the baby squirrels, also called kittens! Last week, we planted some poppy seeds from Mme Chantal's parents' garden. Today we noticed that little plants are coming out!
Here are some pictures from our morning:






Our poppies are growing!


We are making a wreath for Remembrance Day.

We are learning a song for Remembrance Day. Here are the words. It is sung to Mary had a little Lamb.

Little Poppy
Little poppy given to me, given to me, given to me.
Little poppy given to me
Help to keep me safe and free.
I’ll wear a poppy as red as can be, as red as can be, as red as can be!
I’ll wear a poppy as red as can be
To remember those who fought for me!








making words

making letters

Students' comments:
I liked playing with the pegs. I made some words.
I liked colouring on the mural.
I liked playing with the foam blocks with my friend.
I liked making letters.
I liked playing outside. 
I liked eating my snack!
I liked drawing with my friend.
I liked taking the bus!
I love this school.
I liked playing with the gears.
I liked playing the hibernation game.

Classroom reminders:
Library book due tomorrow.
Scholastic Orders are due Nov. 18th, if you are interested in ordering books. The code is HOHOHO, if you are ordering online.





No comments:

Post a Comment