Wednesday 18 November 2015

Whale of a Wednesday

This morning we had many wild animals around the classroom...plastic ones and drawings of them that is.  We worked on our fine motor and colored owls for our class tree.  We drew three posters categorizing ocean, forest, and jungle animals  and things we may see in their habitats. Making the posters together allowed us to build on team work and planning our pictures.  We played tangrams on Osmo which has us following directions and using technology. We also learned how to play zoo animal dominoes which allowed us to learn new animal names and wait our turn as we work together. What a morning!

I like coloring owls.
I liked coloring ocean animals.
I liked dominoes.
I liked building and labelling my duplos.
I liked playdough.
I liked playing with my friends.

What animals do you see in the ocean?

 
This hedgehog needs help!

I can spell shark.

zoo animals dominoes

sorting animals

making playdough animals

What animals do you see in a forest?

I made a barn!

Even the animals are getting flu shots!
 
This afternoon, we found out more information on panda bears. Do you know what pandas like to eat? Do you know what baby pandas are called? Do you know that red pandas are about the size of a cat?
 

write the room






Brown bear, brown bear...




 

sounding out words
 
Students' comments from today:
I liked playing in the vet's center. Saving the animals and giving them flu shots!
I liked playing in the gym.
I liked making a squirrel for our tree!
I liked reading with my friends.
I liked making an owl.
I liked playing with my friends.
I liked recess.
I liked writing animal words.
I liked making an animal for our tree.
I liked making a skunk! 
I liked making a paper plate animal with my friends.
I liked making a fox!
I liked making my paper plate shark!
 
Hat and Jersey Day tomorrow for United Way!
 
Interviews after school on Thursday. Please knock at your assigned time. Thank you!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment