Tuesday 7 November 2017

Reading Tuesday

This morning we are talking about hibernation and migration. Do you know that some bats hibernate and some bats migrate?

Morning comments:

This morning I like playing at the peg blocks with my friend, making a poppy.
I like making my poppy for the wreath.
I like playing with the marble set with my friend.
I like playing in the construction center with my friend.
I like playing at the puzzle.
I like reading a book.
I like making my craft.
I like working with playdough.
I like making a pancake with the playdough.
I like when Mme read a story about animals in the Winter.

What we know so far:

Bears hibernate.
Bats hibernate and some migrate.
Squirrels save up food for Winter.
Geese migrate.
Snakes hibernate in the ground.
Monarch butterflies migrate.
Chipmunks hide in the ground.
Geese go south.
Frogs hibernate.
Mice collect food.














Our reading buddies came to read with us. Thank you reading buddies!
 Then the reading ladies came to read with us. Thank you reading ladies!

We read a beautiful story called Sky Color and then we made our own sky colors with the watercolors.


Look! I'm making Starry Night!





We play outside every day. Please make sure your child is dressed warmly and comfortably to play outside. All clothing items should be labelled as the students often do not recognize their clothes when we hold the items up and ask who they belong to! :)

Afternoon comments:

This afternoon, I like making my poppy with the cross and wreath.
We have to remember the soldiers that died.
I like when Miss Debbie was reading a story.
I like singing the poppy song.
I like cleaning up with my friends.
This afternoon, I like the reading ladies.
I like the sky color book.
I like making an ocean with the paint.
I like playing at the blocks.
I like playing at the art centre and I made Starry Night.
I like reading with the Reading Moms.

Some kids have read over 50 books so far! Way to go! Keep reading at home and writing down the books you read with your child. Enjoy this special time reading together.




No comments:

Post a Comment