Monday 22 October 2018

Monday October 22nd

This morning we read a non-fiction book about bats. Here is some of the information we learned:

All we know about bats:

Some bats fly south for the winter. That's called Migration.
Some bats hibernate.
Some bats eat fruit.
Bats eat lots of bugs.
Bats hang upside down when they're sleeping.
Bats don't have feathers - they have fur.
Bats are helpful!
Some bats can swim!
Bats have big wings.
Bats help farmers.
Some bats can climb with their sharp claws.
Bats help pollinate.
Moms feed the babies.
Bats use echolocation!
You can see the veins in their wings.
Bats come out at night - they are nocturnal.
Bats hang upside down in a cave or in a tree.
They are the only mammals that can fly!

Reminders:

Tuesday: Return reading logs and books and Photo Retakes. If you want your child to get a photo retake, please make sure you write it in your child's communication book. Thank you!

Thursday: Last day to order Scholastic books.

Friday: Pajama Day for United Way, Pizza Day and Harvest dance in the evening.

Kindergarten Progress Reports will be sent home in November.

I made a bat!














Grade 1 challenge table











Morning comments:

I like the painting center.
I like doing my at words.
I like the kitchen.
I like cleaning up.
I like playing at the lego.
I like working at the grade 1 table.
I like reading.
I like working at the blocks.
I like playing outside.
I like doing the Halloween words.
I like playing a game at the library.
I like building with the foam blocks.
I like building a house for the Smurfs.


Here is another toy we were able to purchase with bonus money from Scholastic. Thank you so much for your generous orders!



This afternoon, Miss Claudia read us another excellent book. This book had no pictures and was very silly. Thank you!









Afternoon comments:

I like playing at the art center making an owl.
I like making an owl.
I like making an eyeball with the blocks.
I like playing at the grade 1 table.
I like playing outside and playing on the climber.
I like the craft center.
I like the trio blocks.
I made an owl book.

No comments:

Post a Comment