Tuesday 23 October 2018

Tuesday, October 23rd

Our reading ladies came in this morning to exchange our little books and give out stickers! Some friends have already read over 20 books! Way to go! Don't forget to return the reading log and the books every Tuesday morning! Thank you!

We read another non-fiction book about bats and learned more facts:

More bat facts: these are exactly what the kids are telling Mme! They are so smart!

Bats eat fruit.
Bats can fly.
Bats don't come out of eggs.
Some bats can eat fish!
Some bats can swim!
Some bats are fruit bats!
All bats can hear well - they use echolocation!
Some bats eat frogs!
Bats are good for the environment!
Some bats drink blood from animals.
Some bats eat insects.
Some bats can climb.
Bats can hang from a tree.
Some bats can eat nectar.
Some bats go in a cave and stay upside down.
Bats sleep upside down.
Bats can survive up to 20 years!



Step by step how to draw a bat!




Look! Biggest to smallest snacks!





Sticker time!

Isn't this the biggest apple you have ever seen?


Survey: What is your favourite Halloween treat?


Learning how to draw a bat!




What is your favourite Halloween treat?

Morning comments:

I like making a maze.
I like making an owl at the art center.
I like playing outside.
I like making a house with my friends.
I like doing a survey.
I like working with the duplo blocks.
I like the colouring.
I like making a haunted house.
I like playing the piano with Mme.
I like making the word pumpkin at the grade 1 table.
I like playing with the red bricks.

We were playing in the leaves at lunch time. It was so much fun! We had lots of maple leaves - or Canada leaves - as the kids like to call them! :)










un chat noir! Bingo!






Reminders:

Thursday: Last day to order Scholastic books.
Friday: Pajama Day for United Way. Pizza Day. Harvest Dance in the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment