Monday 26 October 2015

Pumpkins, pumpkins and more pumpkins

This morning, our classroom smells like pumpkin! We are taking out the flesh and seeds from a big pumpkin and playing with the seeds and flesh in the sensory bin! The strands look like spaghetti!
We have new paint bags with pumpkin faces and pumpkins with numbers.

paint bags

new playdough!

pumpkin flesh and seeds

What's inside the pumpkin?

magnet fun

Look at all the seeds!

What structure are you building today?


writing

paint bag with pumpkin face

patterns


Does our pumpkin have enough decorations?
There is still room for more....

teamwork

building a spaceship


We also had a fire drill this morning. Once again, the children did very well.

This afternoon, we read Spookley the Square Pumpkin and discussed what happened in the beginning, middle and end of the story.
We played so much with the pumpkin strands that we made pumpkin juice! :)

building with Wedgits blocks

beginning/middle/end of Spookley

plant life cycle


Castle building
pumpkin mush!

3 parts of the story

teamwork with the magnet blocks
pumpkin life cycle





I liked decorating the pumpkin!
I liked the new playdough!
I liked playing with the seeds and flesh.
I liked the fire drill!
I liked drawing Spookley the square pumpkin.
I liked finding magnetic things.
I liked the pumpkin goop!
I liked the blocks. I made a pirate ship!
I liked playing on the climber outside.
I liked the Spookley story!
I liked making a book.


Classroom reminders:

Library day tomorrow - please return library book in ziploc bag.

Scholastic Book orders due Oct. 28th if you're interested in ordering.

***Please note: For Friday, we will be having orange and black day. The children can wear their costumes during the Harvest Dance in the evening. We will not be wearing costumes during the day. Thank you for your understanding.



1 comment:

  1. You really do a great job on the blog. The photos and comments are great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete