Monday 4 January 2016

Chilly Monday

Happy New Year! The kids came back to a winter wonderland in our class. Our dramatic play area has been turned into a polar region, we are making snowflakes to decorate and finding out that penguins and polar bears definitely do not live in the same area! We also have new Winter books out!









I have a polar bear!


Our iceberg melted!


Drawing some polar animals!

Do you want to make a snowflake?



Relaxing at the reading corner!

After lunch, we learned a new song about Snowflakes falling, to the tune of Twinkle, twinkle.

Snowflakes, snowflakes falling down.
Falling, falling to the ground.
Can you catch them on your nose?
Will they fall and touch your toes?
Snowflakes, snowflakes falling down,
Falling, falling to the ground.

We also read a Jan Brett story called Hedgie's Surprise. The pictures in the book are so beautiful!




sight word detective


making polar animal masks


I'm a walrus!



Students' comments from today:

I liked making a puzzle!
I liked eating.
I liked playing with my friends in the igloo.
I liked making a mask.
I liked playing in the Arctic sensory bin.
I love the teachers!
I liked reading to my friends.
I liked playing in the Arctic animal water bin - playing with the melted iceberg!
I liked the bus ride.
I liked Hedgie's Surprise.
I liked playing in the gym.
I liked working on the polar scene.





2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Hope you all had fun celebrating during the holiday. Great first day back at school. Love the igloo 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you were busy, the class looks great. Love the new theme.

    ReplyDelete