Thursday 7 January 2016

Foggy Thursday

The kids are really enjoying learning about Polar animals. This morning, some of them were trying to identify which type of penguin was in the sensory bin. Other children were making North Pole/South Pole posters. Some were making whales with pegs and many were growling like polar bears!

ordering snowflakes from smallest to biggest

It's a King penguin!







Comments from this morning:

I liked playing in the igloo and the polar game.
I liked to play badminton in the gym.
I made a house with the Bristle blocks.
I liked making a craft with smallest to biggest snowflakes.
We looked in a book for information on a penguin. It's a King penguin.
I made an airplane with the blocks.
I liked making a park with the bristle blocks.
I liked fishing in the igloo.
I liked it when the teacher read me a story.

It was so beautiful at lunch recess. We had a great time playing on the snow hills.




After lunch, we read Sadie and the Snowman, talked about temperature and then did an experiment with some coooold snow! We had thermometers and we were doing predictions about the temperature of the room and the snow.




We have icebergs! They are cold!
We are putting warm water on the iceberg and it is melting!


The snow is cold! Can we touch it?






We have new books for our Reading Logs. Thank you Reading Ladies! 
Class reminders:
Please send in skating permission form.
Friday is pizza day for those who have ordered.
Scholastic book orders are due January 13th.
Please send in extra mittens in your child's school bag. Sometimes their mittens are wet by first morning recess!

Tonight, you can ask your child which animals live in the South Pole and which animals live 
in the North Pole.

Comments from today's activities.
I liked doing the snow experiment and then completing the sheet.
I liked colouring a walrus.
I liked playing outside. We were playing a chasing game.
I liked playing in the snow.
I liked the centers - especially the snow experiment.
I liked the walrus craft.
Snow experiment was a big success!
I was playing chase the penguin.
I liked playing in the water bin - the icebergs melted!
I love playing on the snow hill.
I loved drawing a picture of a polar bear and a penguin.


No comments:

Post a Comment