Tuesday 5 January 2016

Sunny Tuesday

The sun is streaming into the classroom today! We are finding out about polar animals by reading a book called Polar Worlds. We will soon be polar experts!



Writing the room!

word work

polar bears jumping from ice floe to ice floe

animal masks



fishing


Comments from this morning:
I liked making a walrus mask.
I liked eating my healthy snack.
I liked fishing in the dramatic play area.
I caught a penguin!
Penguins live in the South Pole.
I liked playing with my friends in the igloo.
I liked making a walrus mask.
I liked doing the writing the room activity.
I liked eating snack with my friends.
Polar bears live in the North Pole.
Puffins live in the North Pole.
Caribou live in the North Pole.
I liked playing with the masks.
I liked catching a fish.
I liked playing with my mask in the dramatic play area.

We had fun in the snow at lunch time recess.


Winter words

Ordering from smallest to biggest

We found all of the words!









Look at my caribou!

We learned about different kinds of penguins - there is even one called a macaroni penguin! 



Comments from this afternoon:

I liked fishing in the igloo.
I liked making a King penguin.
I liked doing the Polar Animal write the room.
I liked colouring a Winter scene on blue paper.
I liked making an igloo with my friends outside in the snow.
I liked sliding on the snow hills.
I liked making the baby penguin - called a chick.
I liked drawing a mother penguin.
I liked fishing and I liked singing Christmas carols with my friends.
I liked the Polar Write the room.
I liked making snowflakes, smallest to biggest.
I liked making an Adelie penguin - black and white.
I liked playing Star Wars in the snow with my friends.
I liked playing outside, I was trying to pick some snowballs and put them on top of the snow hill.
I liked making words with the letter tiles.

We went to the library today and Miss Rosemarie read us a Madeline story. Please return the library books next Monday.

Please send in extra mittens in your child's school bag. Thank you!













No comments:

Post a Comment