Tuesday 13 September 2016

Beautiful Tuesday

It's another sunny day in our Kindergarten class. At the art table, we have beautiful roses to draw. We are exploring crab apples and mixing them up with our playdough. We are building structures and learning how to share and cooperate in the kitchen dramatic play area. We also are going to the library for our first class visit.






Mme Labrosse comes to our class every Tuesday and Thursday for preparation and planning time. 










This afternoon, we learned some ways to calm down when we are too upset or excited. We learned the faucet method and the balloon method. These are based on the conscious discipline method of self regulation. We explored pastels and talked about a few famous paintings.



Here we are doing the faucet method. Squeeze your hands for 5 seconds and then release.

Doing the balloon method.

I went down to the bakery shop...

sorting


Yes, we took out the pastels today! And yes, they are messy!








working on fine motor skills







We also took out the scissors today! That was very exciting! 

Today's comments:

I liked reading with my friend.
I liked playing at the dollhouse.
I liked putting my crafts in my bag.
I liked playing outside.
I liked resting.
I liked playing in the kitchen.
I liked sleeping!
I liked colouring with my friend.
I liked cutting a crayon picture.
I liked saying hi to everybody outside.
I liked when Mme took a picture of me.
I liked playing on the climber.

Your child went to the library today to get a book. Please return it in its ziploc bag next Tuesday.









No comments:

Post a Comment