Monday 19 September 2016

Lundi brumeux - Foggy Monday

What a foggy morning in Kindergarten! C'est brumeux! This morning, we looked at a nest that Mme found on her front yard, by the maple tree. We read a book about nests and then tried to guess what bird made the nest. We had some pretty interesting guesses - including a flamingo, a duck, a robin and a chickadee!
We are stamping letters in the playdough and learning to share the brio blocks as we build structures together.Some of us are drawing nests and some of us are exploring the new fall sensory bin. We have a new dramatic play Fall center with felt leaves and apples and baskets of pumpkins and squash. We also have little rakes to rake the leaves. The center was so popular we had to make a waiting list for it!

Important Reminders: Tomorrow, Tuesday, September 20, is picture day! Smile!
Wednesday, September 21 is program night for parents, starting at 6:30 in the gym.









I made a nest and some eggs.
Thank you for the new playdough!

I'm drawing a nest!


Look at the apples I picked! Des pommes!


We have pumpkins too! Des citrouilles!

Fall sensory bin

This afternoon, Mrs. Jessica showed us a cute song about pigeons sitting in a nest. We also went outside on a nature walk to collect items for our sensory bin.
We are writing the room - in french and in english - doing some math by rolling dice, adding them up and colouring the numbers  We are also attempting to make nests out of pipe cleaners! We are writing some Fall words on white boards. It's a busy day!










Today's Comments:

I liked playing outside on the climber.
I liked eating my snack.
I liked playing at the dollhouse.
I liked recess.
I liked going on a nature walk.
I liked playing in the sandbox.
I liked drawing today.
I liked making a craft.
I liked making a nest.
I liked making a squirrel.








No comments:

Post a Comment