Tuesday 20 September 2016

Smile!

It's picture day! Cheese! Even though Fall doesn't officially starts only on Thursday, we are starting to talk about the seasons. We read a french book called Voici l'automne. We also sang our french fall song C'est l'automne. This morning, we are making leaves, pumpkins and apples. We are making patterns with blocks, developing our fine motor skills with pegs and boards and building structures with blocks. Some of us are relaxing by reading books and retelling books with felt pictures.












How many seeds in the apple?
How big are the seeds in the crabapple?

We cut up a crabapple and a regular apple to look at the seeds. Our regular apple had 12 seeds in it! The crabapple had 3 seeds. The seeds were very small. We are writing and drawing pictures in our Wonder Journals this afternoon. We are finding rhyming words, using letters in the playdough and building structures with foam blocks.













Today's comments:

I liked eating my snack.
I liked playing outside.
I liked drawing an apple and a crabapple.
I liked making a crabapple.
I liked playing in the kitchen.
I liked seeing the inside of the crabapple.
I liked building with blocks.
I love playing in the dollhouse.
I liked working in my journal.
I liked getting my picture taken.

Program Night tomorrow night at 6:30 p.m. for parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment