Tuesday 4 October 2016

Star Tuesday

Mme Labrosse read us a story about a star blanket called Grandmother, tell us about the star blanket. We then  decorated our own star blankets. We are making patterns with blocks. We have new playdough - thank you! We are also exchanging our books at the library. Those surveys are still very popular - what is your favourite season?

Can you make a pattern?

What is your favourite season?

Making our star blankets.






How long is your pattern?






Comments from this morning:
I liked choosing a book from the library.
I liked making a star blanket.
I liked playing at the doll house.
I liked making a pattern.
I liked having a snack.
I liked drawing people getting a haircut.
I liked playing outside in the sand.
I liked playing with the marbleworks.
I liked tidying up.
I like coming to school.

This afternoon, we read a story about Noah's Ark, we did some exercise and then went to centers. We also had a guest who came to prepare our reading logs. Hopefully, we can start the home reading program next Tuesday. We are making patterns again this afternoon and attempting to make structures with the ello blocks. Our watercolours are out and we are painting our beautiful sunflowers. We are also retelling the story <Vincent paints his house> with the felt board items.

patterning

Thank you for getting our reading logs ready!

making structures

more patterning










We read the blanket story again and then made our own blankets with patterns. 

Today's Comments:
I liked playing outside.
I liked playing at the dollhouse.
I liked the water paint.
I liked making patterns.
I liked making my star blanket.
I liked playing at the marbleworks.
I like the reading ladies.
I liked eating my snack.
I like the songs.
I like coming to school.




No comments:

Post a Comment